You can add a can of Chinese baby corn at the end for more color and texture.
Sweet and Sour Sauce Edit
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 lbs lean boneless pork, cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges,layers separated
- ¼ lb Chinese pea pods, ends and strings removed
- hot cooked rice
- Prepare sweet and sour sauce; set aside.
- Dip pork cubes in beaten egg, drain briefly, and roll in cornstarch to coat lightly.
- Shake off excess.
- Place a wok over high heat.
- When wok is hot, add 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- When oil is hot, add half the pork.
- Stir fry until evenly browned about 5 to 7 mins.
- Remove pork from wok, and set aside.
- Repeat to brown remaining meat, adding more oil as needed.
- Add remaining oil (about 2 tablespoons) to wok.
- Add bell peppers and onion, stir fry until vegetables are tender crisp to bite (about 2 mins).
- Add pea pods, stir one minute.
- Stir sweet and sour sauce and add to wok.
- Stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Return pork to wok and stir until heated through.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
- Pass soy sauce if desired.