This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Love Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pineapple peeled cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Combine egg, milk and vanilla in a separate bowl and stir quickly into flour mixture.
- Dip pineapple slices in batter.
- Fry in butter in a large skillet for 3 minutes on each side.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.