Evoking a new Hawaiian combination of real fruit, vanilla extract, flour, milk and eggs from the fritters, this tropical fried dessert is great with other fruits and keeps a golden, tender aroma with the pineapples.
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar, for garnishing
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Combine egg, milk and vanilla in a separate bowl and stir quickly into flour mixture.
- Dip pineapple slices in batter. Fry in butter in a large skillet for 3 minutes on each side.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.