Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups plain / all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup butter
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon almond essence
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ¾ cup pineapple, crushed, drained.
- ½ cup desiccated coconut / powdered coconut
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 325°F / gas mark 3 sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and flavorings.
- Beat in the sour cream until the mixture is fluffy.
- Blend in the pineapple and the dry ingredients.
- Drop by the teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Sprinkle with coconut and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool in the oven until firm and remove to wire racks to cool completely.