Most, delicious cake. Not overly sweet, but perfect for a potluck or casual meal.
- 1 (18.25 ounces) package Yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 (3.4 ounces) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounces) can crushed pineapples, drained
- 1 cup whipping cream (standard size)
- 1 (3 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13 in x 9 in x 2 in baking pan.
- Cool. In a bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix; let stand to thicken.
- Stir in pineapple. Spread over cake.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, Sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in 1 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining topping.
- Spread over Pudding. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.