Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is really a rich vegetable purée, using full-flavoured root vegetables. It is ideal for vegetarians and low in calories.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder (optional)
- 8 ounces carrots, chopped
- 8 ounces celeriac, chopped
- 8 ounces swede, chopped
- 1 small turnip, chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ pint hot stock
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons low fat fromage frais
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives (to garnish)
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil and butter together in a large pan.
- Stir i nthe curry powder (if using) and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables, cover and cook for 4– 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Pour on the hot stock, bring to the oil and then simmer for 25 minutes or until very tender.
- Leave to cool slightly, then sieve into the fondue pan.
- Place the fondue pan over its lighted spirit stove and warm through.
- Season to taste with the nutmeg, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the fromage frais and garnish with the chives.