Makes 6 servings.
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup almond oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- ½ teaspoon fines herbes
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 small pear, cored and diced
- 1½ cups cooked white rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- ½ cup chopped cranberries
- ¼ cup diced dried apricots
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- radicchio leaves
- Spread almonds in single layer on baking sheet;.
- Bake at 350°F for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Cool.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, fines herbes and pepper; whisk in oil.
- Toss diced pear with dressing.
- Combine white rice, brown rice, cranberries, apricots, onions, parsley and orange peel.
- Stir in almonds, diced pear and dressing; mix well.
- Serve salad in radicchio leaf cups.