Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For that harvest / Autumn flavor.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 32 bars.
- 1 (6-ounce) package diced dried mixed fruit bits
- 1 cup chopped banana (about 2 medium)
- ⅔ cup orange juice 
- 1½ teaspoons apple pie spice or ground cinnamon, divided use
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- ½ pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, combine dried fruit, banana, orange juice and 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, oats and remaining ½ teaspoon apple pie spice; mix well.
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar together with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add oat mixture; beat until crumbly.
- Reserve ¾ cup mixture for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Spread fruit evenly over crust to within ¼-inch of edge.
- Add nuts to reserved oat mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle evenly over fruit; pat down lightly.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
- Store loosely covered.
- ↑ If using old fashioned oats, decrease orange juice to ½ cup.