Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from the Hartman Estate Sale. It was obtained it as part of the purchase of the Family Collection from the Hartman Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984.
- 3 Cup Sifted All Purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 Cup Warm milk
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Melted butter
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- Fat For Deep Frying
- Combine dry ingredients then cut in butter.
- Add enough warm milk to make a soft dough easy to handle
- Knead on floured board until dough is very smooth and soft but elastic.
- Divide dough into 8 balls and brush tops with melted butter.
- Cover and let stand 45 minutes.
- Pat out each ball into a round 5 or 6 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick.
- Fry in deep fat preheated to 365 °F.
- Dough should rise immediately to surface.
- Cook until brown on one side then turn and brown on other side being careful not to pierce crust.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.