Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
North African vegetable soup
- Serves 5 – 6 people.
- 6 onions
- 4 – 6 potatoes
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 big lemons
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- lots of garlic
- 1 large eggplant, chopped and salted
- 4 – 6 tomatoes
- 2 – 3 carrots
- 1 large eggplant
- 6 or so cups water
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- ½ to 1 cup curly vermicelli (optional but traditional)
- Prepare your chickpeas in advance by soaking in lemon juice.
- You can add all the leftover juice to the soup.
- Sauté the onions, spices, and garlic in oil.
- Use enough water to cover all your ingredients.
- If you add ingredients as the soup is cooking, do the potatoes first, because they seem to take the longest.
- Simmer everything until done, garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if available.