Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lettuce (inner leaves only)
- 3 apples
- 3 pickled herring, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 boiled beetroots, peeled and cubed in ½ inch dice
- 8 cold boiled potatoes, mashed
- 3 large sweet pickled gherkins, sliced
- ½ medium onion, peeled and finely chopped (about ⅓ to ½ cup)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- sliced pickled gherkins
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Decorate an oblong dish with lettuce leaves.
- Peel, core and dice the apples.
- Mix immediately with the herring, add all other ingredients except the mayonnaise and garnish, and toss them together in the dressing.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the lettuce leaves, and cover generously with mayonnaise.
- Decorate with the garnish.
- For the garnish, chop the egg whites.
- Rub the yolks through a sieve.
- Scatter both on the mayonnaise with the slices of gherkin and parsley.