Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Patterson Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1992. Notation on card says this came from a Ladies Home Journal printed in 1972. Does this recipe make sense to anyone? I can’t figure it out.
- 1-½ pounds haricot beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound firm mashed potatoes
- 4 ounces fat boiled Bacon
- 2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Soak the beans for 24 hours then simmer for 2 hours in enough water to keep them covered.
- Mash beans thoroughly and mix with Potato, chopped Bacon, sage, pepper and Sugar.
- If the paste seems stiff, add a little bean water.
- Grease a cake tin and sprinkle the sides and bottom with the bread crumbs.
- Press mixture into tin and cover with greased paper and bake in 300 degree oven for 1 hour.