Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1½ cups cold water
- 1 oz powdered milk
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 oz soft margarine
- 1 lb all-purpose flour
- Pour 1¼ cups of cold water into a bowl.
- Dissolve the yeast in the remaining ¼ cup water, then add to bowl.
- Stir in the sugar and salt.
- Gradually add the flour.
- Cover and let it stand overnight before adding to dough.
- Add the milk, sugar, salt and margarine to the water in a bowl.
- Gradually add flour, mixing all the time.
- Tear the sponge into small pieces and add to the dough mixture.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Shape as desired and let rise 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 375 °F until the loaves sound hollow when tapped.