Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Har Gow Filling Edit
- 6 ounces raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons bamboo shoots
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- Sift the wheat starch and tapioca starch into a bowl.
- Slowly add the boiling water and begin stirring immediately.
- Add enough water until you have a sticky dough.
- Add the lard and knead the dough until it is smooth.
- Cover the dough and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Finely chop the shrimp.
- Rinse the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts under warm running water.
- Shred the bamboo shoots and finely chop the water chestnuts.
- While the dough is resting, mix together the filling ingredients.
- Knead the rested dough a bit more.
- To make the dumplings, pinch of a heaping teaspoon of dough and roll out into a 3-inch circle.
- Wet the edges of the circle.
- Add 1 level teaspoon of the filling in the middle.
- Fold over the dough and pleat the edges to seal.
- Continue with the remainder of the dumplings.
- Steam the dumplings until the filling is cooked and the dough is shiny and translucent ( 12 – 15 minutes).