Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These are the steamed shrimp dumplings that become opaque or translucent after steaming.
Har Gow Dough:
- 2 TB Potato starch
- 1 cup Wheat starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup boiling water, plus 3 TB Boiling water
- 1 tsp lard
- Wheat starch for dusting
- 1/2 lb Raw shrimp, peeled and -chopped
- 1/4 lb Precooked salad shrimp, -chopped
- 2 ounces Pork fat, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp Grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 TB Chopped green Onion
- 1 egg white
- 1 TB Dry sherry
- 1 TB cornstarch
- Place all filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well, by hand until the ingredients form a smooth and rather firm stuffing.
- This will take about 2 minutes.
- Dough:Measure both starches and salt into a small mixing bowl.
- Quickly pour the boiling water into the starches while stirring with chopsticks until you get a partially cooked dough.
- Do not overwork the dough. Quickly add the lard in little pinches and then knead until smooth.
- When the dough is smooth, after about 2 minutes' kneading, cover it with the mixing bowl and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before shaping.
- To shape the dumplings, pull just a bit more than 1 tsp of dough from the ball.
- Keep the remainder of the dough covered with the bowl. Roll the small amount into a ball and place onto a floured marble board.
- Roll out into a circle about 3 inches in diameter.
- Place 1 t of the shrimp filling in the center of the circle of dough and fold over into a half-moon.
- Use a tiny bit of water for sealing the edges. Be sure to gently press out all the air.
- If you wish, you can form little pleats in the dough for added decoration.
- Steam on an oiled bamboo steaming rack for 12 minutes.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.