Contributed by Pets Holistic Med Community
Pets Holistic Med is a community based on Holistic Pet Care Issues. Membership to the site is free. Also, feel free to participate in the Pet Holistic Forums, check out our free articles, web resources and our eBook.
Dr. Mayra Alfonso has published a Holistic Pet Care Guide exclusively available on this site. This manual is a must for pet owners. Be sure you know the facts about your pets health care options before damaging your pets health and well being with dangerous and risky treatments!
- Makes approx. 4 doz.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups soy flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1 cup dry nutritional yeast flakes (from health food store)
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cup water or broth
- Place dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix together egg, oil, and water.
- Add these ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- Divide dough in thirds.
- On floured surface, roll out to ¼" thick.
- Cut out dog bone shapes (optional -- prick tops three times with toothpick)
- Place on well oiled baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 °F for 25-30 minutes.
- Biscuits should be well browned on the bottom.
- Don't store in an air tight container.