Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Found this recipe last year and made it for Hanukkah, but is great anytime! Soooo delicious! This is made in an oven cooking bag.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2½ hours | 20 minutes prep
- 12 servings
- 1 (3-4 lb) fresh beef brisket
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 (7½ ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- Trim excess fat from brisket.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Place flour in a large oven cooking bag and shake.
- Add brisket.
- Set bag in a large roasting pan.
- Combine carrots, celery, onions, undrained tomatoes, wine, soup mix, basil and bay leaves.
- Pour ontop of brisket.
- Close bag; cut slits in top of bag and seal.
- Roast in a 325°F oven for 2½ to 3 hours or until tender.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Slice meat across the grain into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Skim fat from pan juices and serve with meat.