Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion salt
- ½ lb okra, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 2 (16 oz) cans tomatoes with juice
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro-tel tomatoes and green chiles
- 3 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry bacon in skillet and drain.
- Cool; crumble into small pieces.
- Set aside for serving.
- Sauté onions in bacon grease until golden.
- Add garlic salt, onion salt, okra, tomatoes, Ro-tel, parsley flakes, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Simmer uncovered 1½ hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions.
- Serve cooked mixture over rice.
- Top with crumbled bacon.