Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The name of this dessert comes from the fact that it is left to hang (up) overnight.
- Contributed by CorineJ 14:02, 23 Mar 2006 (PST)
- Put a cotton tea towel which has been rinsed in cold water and wrung out in a colander.
- Place the colander in a washing up bowl and pour in the buttermilk.
- Take up the corners of the tea towel, tie it closed and hang it up over the bowl.
- Leave to hang overnight.
- The next day, beat the thick mass that is left in the cloth with the sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle the crushed rusks over.