Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Carcass and giblets of 1 Chicken
- 3-4 stalks celery with leaves, sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced (optional)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, slivered
- salt and black pepper
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- 2-3 zucchini, sliced (optional)
- 3/4 cup rice, boiled (measure uncooked)
1) Collect a Chicken carcass, giblets, and bones to make a rich stock. The giblets must be very fresh, and the bones and carcass those of a Chicken prepared the same day, otherwise any meat on them will be hard and dry, and the marrow in the bones very stale. Crack the bones slightly to release more flavor.
3) Put the carcass, bones, and giblets in a large pan. Add the celery and, if you like, sliced leeks. Add the slivered garlic and cover with about 9 cups water. Bring to the boil and skim the scum off the surface. Season with salt and pepper, and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into the pan. Simmer gently for about 1 hour. Remove the pan from the heat and discard all the bones, leaving only pieces of Chicken in the broth.
4) Add the zucchini, if using them, and cook for 15 minutes longer.
6) Add cooked rice just before serving so as not to give it time to become sodden and mushy.