Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Menu and Recipes Week 10/7/07
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 pieces bread, broken into small bits (potato bread works great, but I usually use white bread)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, dry
- salt, to taste (because of the soup mix, you may not need it, although we still do)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- Combine ground beef, bread, soup mix, salt, pepper, ketchup, garlic powder, parsley and eggs in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Prepare each burger with approx ⅓ cup of meat mixture and form into patties about ½ inch thick.
- Heat a 12" skillet over med-high heat and fry burgers for about 5 minutes on each side, until they are almost done.
- Remove burgers to a plate and discard all but about a tablespoon of drippings from skillet.
- Lower heat under skillet and prepare brown gravy with water in a bowl or measuring cup; slowly pour into skillet, stirring constantly, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom.
- When gravy has thickened, place burgers back in the pan and cover.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until burgers are done.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles.