Juicy, plump blueberries form the basis of this delicious sauce. This recipe is high in sodium.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Copyright © 1998 American Diabetes Association
- Servings: 6
- 1 center slice of ham, cut 1 inch thick (2-lb)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- ⅓ cup low-sugar apricot jam
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dry red wine
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Trim the fat from the edge of the ham slice, if necessary.
- Place the ham slice on a rack in a shallow baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch or arrowroot powder and water.
- Stir in the apricot jam, brown sugar, wine, and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 6 minutes until the sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the blueberries and cook 2 ! to 3 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the ham and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 3 oz serving:
- Calories 224 | Calories from Fat 56 | Total Fat 6g | Saturated Fat 2g | Cholesterol 60mg | Sodium 1463mg | Carbohydrate 12g | Dietary Fiber 1g | Sugars 9g | Protein 27g
- Exchanges: Very Lean Meat 4 | Fruit 1 | Fat ½