Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Juicy, plump blueberries form the basis of this delicious sauce. This recipe is high in sodium.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Copyright © 1998 American Diabetes Association
- Servings: 6
- 1 center slice of ham, cut 1 inch thick (2-lb)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- ⅓ cup low-sugar apricot jam
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dry red wine
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Trim the fat from the edge of the ham slice, if necessary.
- Place the ham slice on a rack in a shallow baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch or arrowroot powder and water.
- Stir in the apricot jam, brown sugar, wine, and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 6 minutes until the sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the blueberries and cook 2 ! to 3 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the ham and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 3 oz serving:
- Calories 224 | Calories from Fat 56 | Total Fat 6g | Saturated Fat 2g | Cholesterol 60mg | Sodium 1463mg | Carbohydrate 12g | Dietary Fiber 1g | Sugars 9g | Protein 27g
- Exchanges: Very Lean Meat 4 | Fruit 1 | Fat ½