From Menu and Recipes Week 10/29/07
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 lb ham chopped
- ½ cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled diced potatoes
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 12 oz Velveeta cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Melt butter and sauté onion and garlic until clear over medium heat.
- Add ham, sauté stirring frequently.
- Add flour and stir until well blended.
- Add chicken broth and stir over heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Add potatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add pepper to taste, half and half and cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.