Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- 8 x 7 to 8-inch tortillas
- 4 cups grated Monterey jack cheese (about 1 pound)
- 8 thin slices ham (about 6½ ounces)
- ¼ raisins
- 2 green onions, chopped (including green tops)
- 6 teaspoons butter
- Arrange 4 tortillas on work surface.
- Sprinkle ½ cup cheese over each tortilla.
- Top with ham, leaving ¼-inch borders.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon raisins over each.
- Divide remaining cheese and sprinkle over tortillas.
- Top with onions and remaining tortillas. (can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Melt 1½ teaspoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Place 1 quesadilla in skillet. Cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Repeat cooking process with remaining butter and quesadillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve.