Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 8 to 12 asparagus stalks, bottoms trimmed
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1½ cups thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 4 eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Preheat the broiler.
- While the water heats, trim the asparagus spears to fit in a circular pattern in a large skillet (similar to the hands of a clock).
- Once the water is boiling, blanch the asparagus stalks by adding them to the water and cooking 2 to 3 minutes, or until just barely tender and bright green.
- Transfer the asparagus to a colander and run under cool water.
- Set aside to drain.
- Lightly coat the skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- When the skillet is hot, add the onion and mushrooms and cook until the onions are just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the ham to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until heated through.
- While the ham cooks, whisk the eggs and 2 tablespoons cold water in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Use a wooden spoon to spread the onions, mushrooms and ham evenly across the skillet.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables and ham.
- If needed, tilt the pan to ensure the eggs spread evenly.
- Cook until the edges of the egg are done and the center begins to bubble, about 4 minutes.
- The eggs will not be fully cooked at this stage, but will finish under the boiler.
- Arrange the asparagus spears in a circular pattern in the skillet; top off the mixture with cheese.
- Place the skillet under the broiler and cook until the cheese is melted and begins to brown.