Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 16 ounce can sauerkraut drained and chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoons prepared mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- oil for deep fat frying
- In a large bowl combine ham, sauerkraut, onion and 2 tablespoons of the bread crumbs.
- In another bowl combine cream cheese, parsley, mustard, garlic powder and pepper then stir into sauerkraut mixture and chill for at least one hour or overnight.
- Shape into balls and coat with flour.
- In a small bowl beat eggs and milk.
- Dip ham balls into the egg mixture then roll in the remaining bread crumbs.
- Heat oil to 375°F in a deep fat fryer or electric skillet and fry until golden brown and drain well.