Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 32 rolls
- 1 tbsp yeast (one package)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 4¾ cups flour
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- melted butter
- ham, diced, cut into long, thin strips
- Put the yeast, a small amount of water and ½ cup warm water into a small container.
- Let rise for 10 minutes.
- Combine the sugar, salt, oil and milk.
- Add the flour and knead until everything is mixed.
- Add the eggs and keep kneading.
- Finally, add the yeast mixture and stir until the mixture has a consistent texture.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap.
- Let it rise in a warm place for two hours.
- Knead the dough again, and then divide it into four equal parts.
- Roll each part of the dough into a 25 centimeter circle using a rolling pin-not yesterday's wine bottle, cut into 8 triangles.
- Place ham in the widest part of each triangle.
- Roll up each triangle, beginning at the widest part.
- Place the wrapped-up ham on a cookie sheet or pan,.
- Cover the rolls with plastic and let rise for one hour in a warm place.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 – 375°F.
- Brush melted butter on each roll and cook them in the heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Brush with either a mixture of water and sugar or with an egg white.
- Return them to the oven until they are golden brown.