Makes 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 thin slices (6x4-inches) fully-cooked ham (about 2 ounces each)
- 1½ cups hot cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in small saucepan; blend in flour.
- Add half and half, wine, salt and paprika.
- Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened; stir occasionally.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in medium skillet; blend in curry.
- Add bananas and brush evenly with curry butter.
- Saute over medium-high heat about 3 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Remove from skillet; roll each banana in Ham slice.
- Place in shallow 8-inch casserole. Scrape curry particles from skillet; add to sauce.
- Pour sauce over Ham rolls.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice. Top with Parmesan cheese.