Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I wrote in 1994. I had these ingredients on hand and put it together. It is a fabulous appetizer and one I serve at a lot of my catering events.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears trimmed
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 16 thin slices smoked Ham
- 16 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup Italian dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a skillet cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender and drain well.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of mustard on each Ham slice.
- Top with one slice of Cheese.
- Place an asparagus spear at one end.
- Roll up each Ham sliced tightly, secure with three toothpicks.
- Dip Ham roll in egg then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Fry rolls in oil a few at a time, until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
- Cut each roll between the toothpicks into three pieces.