Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Melba's Swapshop, Sunday Oklahoman Newspaper
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into medium-size pieces
- 1 pound chopped cooked ham
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 can (10¾-ounces) cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 1 can of milk
- 1 can of mushroom (or chicken) soup
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (Cheddar, Parmesan, or Monterey Jack), divided
- 2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 2 tsp. pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
- In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with water and cook until almost tender.
- Drain and place in the bottom of a prepared pan.
- Spread with chopped ham and onions. Mix soup, milk and, ½ cup of the cheese. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spread on top of ham and potato mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top of casserole. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese melts and the casserole is hot.