Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 cup diced onions
- 5 diced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- splash of olive oil
- 1 cup of raw sunflower seeds, ground
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ¼ tsp kelp powder
- 1½ cups water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup grated potatoes
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 habanero pepper, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in oil on medium-high heat until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine ground sunflower seeds, flour, yeast, basil, salt, thyme, sage and kelp.
- Add the water, soy sauce, potatoes and oil and stir together.
- Stir in the sauteed vegetables and pepper and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly oiled 9" pie plate.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until center is browned.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.