- 2 lbs. Halibut thawed if necessary
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped carrots
- 6 tbsp. butter or margarine, divided
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-ground white pepper
- 2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp. minced parsley
- Remove skin and bones from Halibut.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Saute vegetables in 3 tablespoons butter.
- Add Halibut, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and heat gently.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons butter with flour and add to chowder.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add Cheese and sprinkle with parsley.