Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Remove large outer leaves from the cabbage and set aside.
- Plunge both the cabbage and the reserved leaves into salted boiling water.
- After 15 minutes, remove, rinse thoroughly in cold water.
- Set the cabbage, stem side down, on a square of cheese-cloth.
- Part the leaves carefully and remove the heart.
- Replace the heart with a ball of stuffing recipe below and continue inserting stuffing between leaves.
- When the cabbage is full, brush it well with oil and tie the four corners of the cheese-cloth together into a bundle.
- Set this bundle in a well-greased baking dish.
- Pour bouillon around cabbage.
- Cover the dish and bake in fairly hot oven (375°F) about an hour.
- Remove cover and continue basting until cabbage is thoroughly cooked.
- The sauce should have reduced considerably.
- Remove cheese-cloth.
- Serve cabbage and sauce.