- Bring water to boiling.
- Add red beans and cook covered for 1½ hours.
- Drain beans, reserving liquid, and set aside.
- Add beef broth and enough water to bean liquid to equal 4¾ cups of liquid.
- Set aside.
- In a mortar, pound together to form a paste the salt, parsley, scallions, garlic, and rosemary.
- Heat oil and seasoning paste in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Put rice in Dutch oven and stir until well coated with oil.
- Add reserved liquid and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Add beans and again bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and cook undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover, stir, and cook about 5 minutes longer, or until no liquid remains.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.