Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- In small skillet heat and stir the ⅓ cup sugar over medium heat until sugar melts and becomes golden brown.
- Quickly pour the sugar mixture into a 3½ cup ring mold or four 6 oz custard cups, tilting to coat bottom and sides.
- Combine eggs, evaporated milk, ¼ cup sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour into caramel coated mold or cups; set in baking pan on oven rack.
- Pour hot water around mold or cups in pan to depth of 1 inch.
- Bake in a 325°F oven for 50 to 55 minutes (35 to 40 for custard cups) or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
- Loosen custard from sides; if necessary place custard dish in hot water for a few seconds.
- Invert onto platter or serving plates.