- 2 Tbs. melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 c. corn meal
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 Tbs. Sugar
- In shallow pan, about 10"x14", melt butter.
- Sift flour, corn meal, Sugar, salt and baking powder together into a large bowl.
- Beat egg in smaller bowl, add milk, then melted butter and gradually pour mixture into dry ingredients, mixing without beating, until well blended.
- Add a little more butter to pan, which should still be hot.
- Pour in batter and bake 25 to 30 minutes in hot oven (425 degrees).