- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/3 c. Sugar
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs.cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. grated coconut
- 11/2 c. scalded milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Add 1/3 cup Sugar, cornstarch, and salt to egg yolks.
- Pour milk into this, place in double boiler, stir and cook until thickened.
- Add butter, coconut, and vanilla. Pour into pie shell.
- Beat egg whites until foamy; gradually add Sugar. Beat until mixture stands in peaks.
- Pile lightly on pie filling. Place in oven to brown.