- Drain soaked beans and add them to water in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add onions, green pepper, garlic, bay leaves, salt, pepper, thyme and simmer the ingredients 1 hour longer.
- Check after 40 minutes add more water if necessary.
- Stir in vinegar, simmer for another minute.
- Five minutes before serving the beans remove the bay leaves, stir in pimento and heat the beans, stirring often to avoid scorching.
- Good served with rice.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.