Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lb. Fish fillet in pieces
- salt, pepper, chilies and chopped parsley
- a few tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- fresh butter
- Rub fish with lemon. Make diagonal cuts in thick pieces. Rub with salt, pepper, chilies and chopped parsley. Add sliced Onion and a few tablespoons of oil. Allow to marinate an hour or more, turning the fish so that it is thoroughly marinated.
- Into the quantity of water required to come half-way up the fish, add 1 tablespoon tomato paste and 1 tablespoon flour. Put fish and marinade in pan, pour this water over them. Season to taste.
- Bring to boil over low heat. Keep just under boiling. Turn the fish and continue cooking until it flakes. Do not overcook. Just before serving, add fresh butter.
- new potatoes can be cooked separately and added into the court-bouillon to finish cooking. Dumboys are also a favorite addition.