This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by catsrecipes y-group
- 3 ounce package cream cheese
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 package lemon gelatin
- 2 cups half and half
- ⅔ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup whipping cream whipped
- 10 cups milk
- yellow food coloring
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sugar and gelatin then mix well.
- Add cream, lemon juice and extracts and beat until smooth then fold in whipped cream.
- Stir in enough milk to measure 1 gallon then add food coloring.
- Freeze in batches following manufacturer's directions.
- Refrigerate extra mix until it can be frozen.
- Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.