This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager Estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups fresh bananas peeled and chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon banana extract
- Mix ingredients in order listed then pour in greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out on serving platter and cool completely.
- Puree banana, banana extract and sugar together then drizzle over cake.