A good full vegetarian dish with the taste of nature ! It's worth the patience !
- Trim off the green parts of the leeks, chop up the white part and wash thoroughly, then drain well and pat dry.
- In a saucepan heat 2 tb. olive oil and stew the chopped leeks gently for about 8–10 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, hard-boil the eggs.
- Put the leeks in a shallow dish, dress them with the lemon juice, salt and pepper, and allow to cool.
- Shell the eggs and mash them with a fork, adding the Mayonnaise and mustard.
- Mix in the capers.
- Spread the egg mixture onto the leeks and chill for at least 2 hours.