This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gonzales Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- 3¼ cups sugar
- 8 habanero chilies chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 3 ounces liquid pectin
- Combine vinegar and sugar in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves then mix in carrot and red pepper and bring to boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat then add pectin and return to boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Skim off foam and bottle in sterilized 4 ounce jelly jars.