Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Roark Estate in Grand Prairie, Texas in 1984.
The longer this sits the better.
- ¼ pint vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 head of garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds soaked in hot water drained
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 8 ounces cider vinegar
- 2 pounds cooking apples peeled and chopped small
- 12 habaneros finely chopped
- 4 ounces sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Heat oil in pan and gently fry the garlic and ginger until it starts to color then add remaining spices and cook for another three minutes.
- Add vinegar, apples, habaneros, sugar and salt then simmer for 2 hours.
- Put into hot sterilized jars and seal at once with vinegar proof lids.