Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Ham in Hay" - This recipe comes from the very north of Luxembourg.
- Take a very large metal container, even a washing boiler, and pad it out with the hay.
- Pour between three and five litres of water over the hay.
- Lay the ham on the hay in such a manner that it does not touch the water, so that it is cooked by steaming.
- If necessary add hay during the cooking process.
- The pot should be covered.
- Place the pot on the heat.
- From time to time add water, to replace that which has evaporated.
- Cooking time is about 20 to 25 minutes per half kilo.
- The cooked ham should be presented on a bed of hay, and served with pommes frites and salad.