"Ham in Hay" - This recipe comes from the very north of Luxembourg.
- Take a very large metal container, even a washing boiler, and pad it out with the hay.
- Pour between three and five litres of water over the hay.
- Lay the ham on the hay in such a manner that it does not touch the water, so that it is cooked by steaming.
- If necessary add hay during the cooking process.
- The pot should be covered.
- Place the pot on the heat.
- From time to time add water, to replace that which has evaporated.
- Cooking time is about 20 to 25 minutes per half kilo.
- The cooked ham should be presented on a bed of hay, and served with pommes frites and salad.