Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The recommended wines are: Fumé Blanc, Beaujolais, or Chianti.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Prep: 15 minutes | Marinate: 1 hour | Cook: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut crosswise into thin slices, then into 5 x ½ inch strips
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp dill
- 2 pita loaves, halved
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Place pork slices in a shallow dish and pour marinade over.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1-8 hours.
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, crushed garlic and dill in another bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Drain marinade from pork slices and place pork in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- Roast about 10 minutes, until crisp.
- Open each pita half to form a pocket.
- Distribute pork among each half.
- Top each sandwich with some chilled yogurt mixture and sliced onions.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 343 | fat 10.8g | 28% calories from fat | cholesterol 75mg | protein 32.1g | carbohydrates 28.7g | fiber 2.1g | sugar 8.7g | sodium 331mg
- Diet points 7.8.
- Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.4 | Vegetable: 0.8 | Fruit: 0.2 | Bread: 1.0 | Lean meat: 0.0 | Fat: 1.6 | Sugar: 0.0 | Very lean meat protein: 3.4