Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 3 Tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 Cup(s) chopped Onion
- 2 chopped cloves garlic
- 2 Cup(s) chopped & peeled sweet potato
- 1/2 Cup(s) chopped celery
- 1 Cup(s) chopped,fresh tomato
- 3/4 Cup(s) chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) cooked Chickpeas
- 3 Cup(s) water
- 2 Teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 Teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon(s) basil
- 1 Teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 Dash(s) cinnamon
- 1 Dash(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon(s) tamari
Add seasonings, except tamari, and water.
Simmer, covered, fifteen minutes.
Add remaining vegetables and Chickpeas.
Simmer another 10 minutes or so - until all the vegetables are as tender as you like them.
NOTES : The vegetables used in this soup are flexible.
beans could replace the peppers.