Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 2 pkg gyoza wrappers (oriental store)
- 1½ lbs ground chuck hamburger
- ½ bundle of scallions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- Thaw gyoza wrappers by placing in the refrigerator the night before, if still frozen when it is time to make, set out on the counter while preparing the meat mixture.
- Brown ground Beef in skillet, drain well and remove from pan.
- Add a small amount of oil to pan and sauté scallions and green pepper until soft.
- Add hamburger back to pan and mix. Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Place 1 wrapper at a time in the palm of your left hand.
- Place a pinch of meat mixture in the center of the wrapper careful not to overfill.
- Moisten top edge of wrapper with water and fold over meat mixture. Pinch all edges to seal.
- Continue until all of the mixture is used or until you run out of wrappers.
- Makes approximately 60 gyozas per package. The average person eats at "least" 10, my boys closer to 25.
- Heat oil in skillet to medium high.
- When droplets of water dropped in oil sizzle and pop it is probably hot enough.
- Drop about 10 gyozas at a time in the oil. By the time you are done putting them in the pan it will be time to start flipping them over with a pair of tongs.
- Start from the first one put in the pan. Remove and drain on paper towels laid out on a cookie sheet.