Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 2 pkg gyoza wrappers (oriental store)
- 1½ lbs ground chuck hamburger
- ½ bundle of scallions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- Thaw gyoza wrappers by placing in the refrigerator the night before, if still frozen when it is time to make, set out on the counter while preparing the meat mixture.
- Brown ground Beef in skillet, drain well and remove from pan.
- Add a small amount of oil to pan and sauté scallions and green pepper until soft.
- Add hamburger back to pan and mix. Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Place 1 wrapper at a time in the palm of your left hand.
- Place a pinch of meat mixture in the center of the wrapper careful not to overfill.
- Moisten top edge of wrapper with water and fold over meat mixture. Pinch all edges to seal.
- Continue until all of the mixture is used or until you run out of wrappers.
- Makes approximately 60 gyozas per package. The average person eats at "least" 10, my boys closer to 25.
- Heat oil in skillet to medium high.
- When droplets of water dropped in oil sizzle and pop it is probably hot enough.
- Drop about 10 gyozas at a time in the oil. By the time you are done putting them in the pan it will be time to start flipping them over with a pair of tongs.
- Start from the first one put in the pan. Remove and drain on paper towels laid out on a cookie sheet.