- lettuce, spinach, and any other green leafy vegetable you prefer
- French dressing
- chopped parsley
- finely chopped onion
- crushed garlic
- Quickly wash leaves in cold water.
- Place in a covered bowl and crisp up in the fridge.
- In a bowl, combine the French dressing, finely chopped onion and crushed garlic.
- Dry the vegetables thoroughly using a salad basket or salad spinner.
- Add the dressing and toss lightly, coating the leaves without bruising them.
- Sprinkle with a little chopped parsley or other herbs if desired.