Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Deep-fried herb fritters
- To serve 8 to 10
- 10 tablespoons of finely chopped scallions, including 2 inches of their green tops
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons of finely cut fresh dill leaves
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons of butter (¼ pound stick)
- see Samsa recipe
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped scallions, parsley and dill and toss them together with salt and pepper.
- Cut the butter into tiny bits and chill until the dough is ready.
- Prepare and cut the dough into 48 squares, following the directions for Samsa.
- Top each square of the dough with 1 teaspoon of herb filling and a bit of the butter.
- Draw up the corners of the squares and pinch the corners firmly together, enclosing the filling.
- Pour enough oil into a deep-frying saucepan or heavy casserole to come 4 inches up the sides of the pan, and heat until the oil registers 375°F.
- Drop in the fritters, 10 to 12 at a time, and fry 3 to 4 minutes, or until they are crisp and golden.
- Remove them from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels while you fry and drain the remaining fritters similarly.
- Serve at once, as an accompaniment to cocktails or tea.