Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kazakh deep-fried herb fritters
- 3 tbsp dill freshly chopped fine
- 3 tbsp parsley freshly chopped fine
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 9 tbsp scallions chopped fine
- 1 tbsp black pepper freshly ground
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp flour
- 6 tbsp finely minced onion
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice freshly- squeezed and strained
- Place the flour into a deep mixing bowl.
- Make a hollow in the center.
- Add the water into the hollow, salt, and 2 t of the butter.
- Stir slowly until all of the ingredients are well mixed and the water is totally absorbed.
- Beat vigorously with a large spoon until a firm, stiff dough is formed.
- Gather the dough into a ball.
- On floured surface roll the dough ball out into a rectangle approx. 16" x 18".
- Brush the dough with the remaining butter, fold into quarters, then roll it out as thinly as possible.
- Cut into a 16" x 18" rectangle the cut that into 48 each 2" squares.
- Combine the salt, pepper, scallions, garlic, parsley, and dill.
- Cut the butter into tiny bits and chill until the dough is ready.
- Place a teaspoon of the filling mix into the center of each square, add a piece of the butter to each.
- Draw up the corners and pinch them together firmly thus closing the filling into the dough.
- Heat enough oil in a deep pot.
- Heat to 375°F and drop in 4 – 6 of the filled squares.
- Cook for 4 minutes, remove from the oil, drain, and serve warm.